Thank you for your interest in joining our volunteer team! To become a volunteer there are a few requirements and steps that are mandatory prior to you starting your volunteer experience. Please read over it carefully as some of our requirements, orientation and training processes have changed.
To become a Yakima Humane Society volunteer you are required to:
• Be at least 16 years old with parental consent
• Commit to 8 hours of service per month for at least 4 months
• Submit a Volunteer Candidate Form
• Attend a Mandatory two-hour Volunteer Orientation & Training
New Volunteer Orientation & Training
After submitting your Volunteer Candidate Form, you will be invited to attend our Volunteer Orientation & Training. Spots are limited for this training, so it is important to submit your volunteer candidate form as soon as possible. Here is what you can expect:
- This training is by INVITATION ONLY, we will not be able to accept walk-ins.
- Please be sure to arrive on time, doors will close 7 minutes after the start time, no exceptions. All late arrivals will have to reschedule training.
- During the orientation you will receive an overview of our organization, learn our policies, procedures, programs and gain a clear understanding of how you can make a difference in the lives of the homeless pets in our care.
- You will also receive a short training on animal behavior.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT ANY COURT MANDATED HOURS, NO EXCEPTIONS.