Your Participation Makes a Difference! Increase your support by gathering donations from family, friends, coworkers and neighbors. It's easy to make a big impact! The donations you gather will help support our life-saving mission by providing on-going care, preventative medicine, spay & neuter surgeries and medical treatment for a deserving puppy, dog or kitty.
A FEW DETAILS TO GET YOU STARTED ON SAVING MORE LIVES, BEGINNING RIGHT NOW!
- Register online for the event or forms are available online or at the shelter.
- Set up a fundraising page. Click on "Start Fundraising" to create your fundraising account. You can hop on a team or start your own.
- Personalize your fundraising page. Upload a picture of a memorable moment with your pet. Tell why your furry friend is the best, make it personal and clever.
- Go out into the world and share your fundraising page. Send out the unique URL to your fundraising page and request donations. There are a ton of ways to be creative and raise money for local dogs and cats. Want to do business face-to-face? Collect cash or checks and turn them in with your "Donation Tracker".
- Not comfortable fundraising online? Download our Go The Extra Mile packet and hit the pavement. Instructions | Donation Tracker
- Collect their cash or check for the amount they wish to donate & write their name, address, phone number, email and donation amount on the form as indicated. (We will send them a thank you letter with a receipt for their donation.)
- To reserve your free admission and Collectible Event T-Shirt, please drop off collected donations at the Yakima Humane Society by May 10th.
- Collected Donations may also be turned in at the "Extra Mile" booth during the event, however T-shirt availability at our event will be extremely limited. All forms and donations must be turned in by 11:00 am on May 22nd to qualify for the FREE race/walk and contest entries.
- Party! Join us at the event to celebrate the joy of people + dogs + cats. Grab something to eat and drink at the food trucks after your fun run, watch dogs race through the agility course or try the course with your dog, get your picture taken with your special pet, visit local businesses and get treats and toys in Vendor Village!
HOW DONATION DOLLARS HELP HOMELESS PETS:
- $25 will feed one cat and one dog for a week
- $50 will provide vaccines to protect the lives of twenty kittens or puppies
- $100 will fund a spay or neuter surgery for one homeless pet
- $250 will provide the necessary supplies for twenty-five animals
- $500 will cover the cost to care for one cat or dog until adoption
- $1,000 will provide a life-saving surgery for one animal