Adoption Fees & Process
Adoption fees help provide medical care, food and shelter to the animals in our care. You are receiving more than $500 of services included in your pet's adoption fee when you adopt from the Yakima Humane Society.
• Spay/neuter surgery
• Vaccinations & intestinal worming
• Flea & tick treatment
• Rabies vaccine (3-4 months and older)
• 24PetWatch microchip & registration
• 30 days of pre-paid 24PetWatch Pet Insurance
• Reference material on pet care & training
• Certificate for a free health exam with a Yakima County veterinarian
|Dog Adoption Fees
| Puppies (6 months & younger)
| Adult (7 months - 7 years)
| Senior (older then 7 years)
| *plus applicable licensing fees
|Cat Adoption Fees
| Kittens (6 months & younger)
| Adults (7 months - 7 years)
| Critters Adoption Fees
| Any Age
1. View our adoptable pets*
• Small & Furry
2. Complete a pre-adoption questionnaire online
• Cat / Kitten (Download)
• Dog / Puppy (Download)
3. Speak our adoption staff who will help you find the perfect match
4. Visit with your four-legged match(es)
5. Complete the adoption paperwork
6. Head home to enjoy your companion!
* It is best to view our pets in person because we can't guarantee that specific animals listed on our website will be available by the time you visit our shelter.
NOTE: All pre-adoption questionnaires are subject to approval. Adopters must be 18 years of age. Entire families may be required to visit, including resident dog(s). 24-hour adoption holds may be placed on any animal (for approved adopters) with a non-refundable deposit. All dogs must leave with a collar and leash. All cats must leave in a pet carrier for their safety. Renters are required to have proof of landlord approval.